I will be heading out to the Mammoth Lakes High Altitude Endurance Training Camp this weekend. The good folks at Cycling Camps San Diego are putting on a camp with full SAG support, mechanical support and coaching. Some of the best climbs (longest and hardest) in the world are in California. Using John Summerson’s books as a reference, I tackled the Ten Toughest Climbs in California (more climbs here). These California climbs are so tough that five of those climbs rank in the nation’s top ten toughest climbs. Come join me beginning this Thursday for a fully supported cycling camp. Email me if you are interested email@example.com
details can be found here
Mammoth Lakes High Altitude Endurance Training Camp (Register)
Tackle the climbs of the Eastern Sierras: Rock Creek, White Mountain & South Lake. Perfect training for those considering Everest Challenge, Furnace Creek 508 or other long endurance or multi day rides.
New Athletes $499 + reg fee / Returning Athletes $449 + reg fee
Roundtrip Flight ~$400*
Bike Transport ~$150*
Cash (in hand) ~$200*
Estimated Total ~$1,499*
*Costs for these items are approximate.
- Camp fee includes SAG support, mechanical assistance, unlimited energy drink, energy gels and bars, handouts, talks, and coaching.
- Hotel rate is based on having a roommate and spending 4 nights—includes continental breakfast buffet each morning.
- Flight price is based on roundtrip flight from NYC to San Diego International Airport/Lindbergh Field. Prices may vary. Please check airline cost for traveling with your bike.
- Bike transport is an estimation of baggage charges for transport of bicycle on airplane.
- Cash (in hand) is a high approximation of money you may spend on lunch, dinner, and snacks over 4 days of riding.